Tuesday 27 August 2013

Emily Untitled



This blog almost didn’t have a name.  Due to my lack of creativity and hesitation, my thoughts were forever doomed to remain within my weird little head.  In fact, coming up with a title was the hardest part of this whole “blogging” thing. 

I’ve always been a writer.  Novels, essays, plays, rock operas – you name it, I write it. The world is full of stories waiting to be told.  At the same time, I also read a lot.  First, book and newspapers, and later, blogs.  Having the ability to not only create my ideas, but to share them with the world fascinated me.   I wanted to start a blog, but I never had the guts to do it.  Until now, that is.  The fact that I am entering my final year of high school combine with a pile of recent life events has convinced me to take more risks.  So, I finally had the resolve to create a blog, but what kind?

There are many different types of blogs.  Food  blogs.  Craft blogs.  Travel blogs.  Snarky book review blogs.  Look-how-cute-my-cats/dogs/shoes/pancakes-are blogs.   For every passion, there’s someone posting about it three times a day.   Nice, neat, little categories.  That’s great, if you fit into a category.  But what if you love them all? What if something can’t be labeled within convenient and understandable terms?


In this respect, blogging can be a lot like life.  People are confined to labels and stereotypes, whether they want to be or not.  We can become marginalized and I never want to do that to my blog.  I want to include recipes and rants and reviews.  Maybe even the occasion gratuitous photo shoot.   I want have the freedom to create whatever I feel like.  Just as I wish to break free from labels within my life, I strive to do that with the work that I do.

Which bring us to the name Emily Untitled. It’s the perfect titled (or anti-title) for this blog.  And for myself.  Two things those are unable to be categorized. 



So what can you, dear Reader, expect to see on these pages?  I don’t even know.  You’ll just have to stick around and find out.   

On another note, check these cool photographs I took for my friend Robin's blog! Her blog is really great, full of art and creative
DIY projects.  

2 comments:

  1. Emily! I'm so excited to see what happens here on your blog! You are such a talented writer, I'm sure whatever you post will be great.

    Also, thanks so much for linking to my page! I hope we can work together on our respective blogs soon. Anytime you want to do a guest post, my (metaphorical) door is open.

    -Robin

    P.s.- Love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I HATE BLAWGS THEY SO WEERD. Y U SO WEERD? I NOT WEERD AT ALL. AND I HAVE KITENS SO THERE.

    ReplyDelete