Monday 2 December 2013

Simple Thing no. 2: A Warm Bowl of Soup

Soup is basically the best food ever, right?

It can be sweet or spicy, hot or cold, rich or refreshing.  Add vegetables, and it's healthy.  Add tons of cheese and some croutons, and you've got yourself some serious comfort food.   It's even cheap, which is a bonus in my books.  

I firmly that soup should be its very own food group (along with hummus, smoothies, and chocolate...), and could probably eat it every day without complaint.  Either that makes me extremely weird or extremely creative - I'll take both.

Today was freeeeeezing cold, and I spent all day looking forward to a warm, toasty bowl of soup for dinner.  That's exactly what I got!  Lentil and squash soup, adapted from here.






(The food blogging gods are probably frowning on my terrible iPhone photography, but I'll let that slide...)
When you're rushing around doing a million different things, the small stuff it what keeps you sane.

On a completely unrelated note, peanut butter cookies make the BEST pre-run snack ever. 5 km flew right by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment