Wednesday 4 December 2013

Simple Thing no. 4: Slippers

I didn't really feel like getting out of bed this morning.  When I finally did, I really didn't feel like leaving my house at all.  Why, you ask?

 Because it's the coldest day of cold that ever colded a cold, that's why. (I'm aware this sentence is a grammatical horror, but I doubt my English teacher reads this blog...)

With the temperatures dipping below -30 degrees celsius, today was the first real bone-chiller of the winter.  Walking anywhere seemed unbearable.  Forget outdoor exercise. Even running from my house to my car may have led to the uttering of words that cannot be repeated in good company.  I tell you folks, IT WAS COLD.

But hark! There's a warm, cozy light at the end of the frigid tunnel!

Slippers to the rescue!

After coming home from school today, I put on a pair of fuzzy slippers, and suddenly, everything was better.

Okay, the rest of me was still freezing, but at least my feet were warm! Seriously, slippers are like a hug for your feet, AND they can be super stylish.  Sounds like a winning combination to me.

I bought these at SoftMoc last year, and they're as good as new, if not comfier.




Next time you're feeling cold, warm yourself from the toes up by putting on a pair of slippers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment