Sunday 1 December 2013

The December Challenge + Simple Thing no. 1

Do you ever stop, take a look at your life, and think: how on Earth did I get here?
I've been doing that a lot lately.  Not that I'm unhappy - far from it.  It's more that I'm extremely busy doing all kinds of different things, and sometimes it makes me a little bit crazy.

There are essays to write.
There are things to apply for.
There are projects to finish and events to plan and rooms to clean and letters to write and - 
You see what I mean?

Life gets complicated.  Time is spent on the most urgent thing at the moment, rather than the things we really want to be doing.  I'm extremely grateful for the exciting opportunities I've been given in the last few months.  For the most part, I do an okay job of balancing.  Other times, not so much.  

Some nights, I look like this:


Now, it's December.  The time of year to remember what's really important.  Find the joy in friends, family, and simple things.  
Which brings me to the December Challenge.  
In order to prevent myself for working myself into a nervous ball of stress, I'm taking the time each day until Christmas to blog about one simple, glorious thing.  Part (non-religious) advent, part therapy, part fun, I hope to share awesome things with you, my (non-existent) readers.  Maybe some recipes, maybe some pictures, maybe just some stuff I think is cool - I'll have to wait and see.

So, without further ado....

Simple thing no. 1:  Freshly Fallen Snow



Last night, we received the just the right amount of snow to make everything look like the front of a Christmas card.  As much as I normally hate winter, I couldn't help but notice how absolutely beautiful it was. 

That's all for today. Visit again tomorrow for more simple things.
Happy December!

P.S. After a hilarious bake sale cookie fail (waaaaay too small) I made these and they turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment